Abundant life requires both physical and spiritual bread. Our church seeks to live in the intersection of both dimensions where truest life is found.
Bread of LIfe Church
- Spend one hour a day in prayer.
- Open oneself daily to God's transforming love and guidance through scripture, spiritual reading, and journaling
- Give proportionately, being the 10% of my personal gross income. To be transparent about my money and other material resources, understanding them as gift that must keep flowing.
- Meet weekly with my mission group, practicing honesty, accountability, forgiveness, and corporate expression of the call. To allow myself to be as deeply known by the group as I know myself, and to seek to know deeply those in my group.
- Support with prayer and action each community member as he or she seeks to discern and be faithful to God's call on his or her life, and to nurture the Bread of Life community.
- Nurture authentic relationships with people who move me out of my comfort zones, and help me live more as Jesus lived.
- Each person will identify their gifts and express them in the mission group and beyond.
- Make an annual silent retreat with the Bread of Life community.
- Conduct annual financial disclosure, sharing with members the particulars of one's household economics.
- Confess to my community when I am struggling of failing to keep any of these commitments.
- Leave the community, not out of anger, frustration or disappointment, but when it is discerned along with the community that I am being called elsewhere.